Sunday, September 6, 2009

Passion Vs Craze

Often, the two are confused. Sometimes we're very passionate about some stuff but we just think that its a craze and it will pass over or even if it wont pass over, we dont pay much attention to it. Before we know it, time has gone when we can really derive something out of it, and we realise the craze is actually a passion. There comes a time in everyone's life when they realise what their passion is. Some people are actually lucky enough to transform their passion in their career. But a majiority of us dont have the enough resources, enough power or sometimes enough will to make the transformation. Its then, that we let it go by as a craze. This, I've learnt the hard way, is a mistake.

My passions are music and fashion.
I've always been very passionate about music. I've been singing since I was a kid. I started listening to music of all sorts at the young age of 9 or 10. I've been collecting music since I was 13. And all I know is I cannot live without music. When I was a kid, mom dad encouraged me to sing a lot but they never put me in singing classes. I guess because it wasnt a popular idea back then. When I entered 11th, I begged mom and dad to let me learn music but they wouldnt, because they thought that it would 'interfere' with my studies. I admit at that time I didnt push them hard enough I regret it everyday of my life. Everything wouldve been so much better if I wouldnt have NOT learnt music when I was in 11th. I wouldve known that my world doesnt lie in books. It lies in the out of the box stuff. Which brings us to fashion. By the end of 12th I knew I was deeply unhappy and a part of me knew I wouldnt be happy in engg, but I went along with it anyway. It was THE worst decision of my life till date. I agree that engg provides me a degree to fall back on and everything, but it also leads me to waste 4 years of my life because I know I will never ever be happy if I end up getting stuck at some dumb office job. So in the short break between College and School, I discovered fashion. And I've fallen in love with it ever since. I love everything and anything about fashion.

I know that I need to break free and make it in the fields of my passion. And I know that I have enough motivation, I have enough passion, I just need a platform. And if the platform doesnt come knocking to me, I'll build it. One way or the other, I'm gonna make it :)

-subu-

2 comments:

  1. this is your best post till date :) i LOVE it! because everything about it is so true *hugs* and i love the way you ended it. awesome!! i hope you get your platform soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have something in common...the situation.

    I want to enroll in fashion designing but, parents say no.

    I am still going to go for it. Koi kuch bhi kahe :)

    Inspirational post :)

    and thanks for the follow :)
    ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete